Tuesday, July 13, 2010

God is Faithful

21.God is faithful. Our hope for the future rests upon God’s faithfulness. Because He is faithful, His covenants will stand and His promises will be honored.
Psalm 89:1-8 (New International Version)
A maskil of Ethan the Ezrahite.
1 I will sing of the LORD's great love forever;
with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.
2 I will declare that your love stands firm forever,
that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself.
3 You said, "I have made a covenant with my chosen one,
I have sworn to David my servant,
4 'I will establish your line forever
and make your throne firm through all generations.' "
Selah
5 The heavens praise your wonders, O LORD,
your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.
6 For who in the skies above can compare with the LORD ?
Who is like the LORD among the heavenly beings?
7 In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared;
he is more awesome than all who surround him.
8 O LORD God Almighty, who is like you?
You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you.
http://www.allaboutgod.com/names-of-god.htm

"My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"
by Edward Mote, 1797-1874
1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

3. His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

Text: 1 Timothy 1:1
Author: Edward Mote, c. 1834, cento
Composer: John Stainer, 1873, arr.
Tune: "Magdalen"


1 Timothy 1:1-11 (New International Version)
1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope,
2To Timothy my true son in the faith:
Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

I thank you, Lord for your precious word and for growing understanding. I thank you, Lord for increasing hunger to be in your word. I thank you for growing peace and order in my life.
I pray peace and comfort for my earthly family and for my church family. I thank you for every opportunity to touch someone in a meaningful way. I thank you for every chance to spread the gospel. I especially thank you for opportunities to make a positive impact in the lives of children and young people.

I thank you, Lord, my rock and my salvation; my solid rock.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment