Saturday, January 26, 2013

Luke 6:27-38 A Lesson in True Giving


Luke 6:27-38 A Lesson in True Giving 
 38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
We almost always skip right to the easiest part of this powerful message. It is probably easier for even the stingiest person to part with his hard earned cash than it is to truly love the “unloveable” and forgive the “unforgiveable” but that is the essence of this message.

27 This is what I say to all who will listen to me:
He didn't say forgive when it's easy. He didn't say love when it's convenient. He left us with a goal to strive for which would be undeniable evidence that we are “a son of the Most High”. And He made it plain that He was talking about loving through some difficult circumstances. 

When we finally reach the ability to “love those who spitefully use you” there will be no need to TELL anyone that we are Christians.

I ask, How can I possibly forgive those who have done me wrong?

I look to the cross. I look to the powerful message of my Lord and Savior who asked forgiveness for those exacting a cruelty beyond my ability to imagine.

Matthew 22:37-40 New King James Version (NKJV) 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’                       38 This is the first and great commandment.                                                                             39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’                                   40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

I look in His Word and remember that He left me the Comforter to help me with this and all difficult tasks. I thank Him for the Comforter because I know, without a doubt, that I don't have a chance of fulfilling this commandment without His help.

Heavenly Father, every week we sing “And they will know we are Christians by our love, by our love—And they'll know we are Christians by our love.” Please help me to reach that point where this will be a whole truth for me. Please let Your love shine through in my every contact with others. Amen.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment