Friday, December 3, 2010

Advent a time of remembrance and anticipation
This holy time of Advent is an invitation to rededicate our lives to God in a real way. We have so many encouraging scriptures in the Word to help us during this time of remembrance and anticipation.
(Isaiah 32:17-18) The work of righteousness will be peace, And the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever. {18} My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation, In secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places,

Both the old and new testaments are filled with God’s promises of peace and joy to those who love Him.
(Isaiah 38:16-17) O LORD, by these things men live; And in all these things is the life of my spirit; So You will restore me and make me live.
{17} Indeed it was for my own peace That I had great bitterness; But You have lovingly delivered my soul from the pit of corruption, For You have cast all my sins behind Your back.

(Matthew 11:28-30) "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
{29} "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
{30} "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

These scriptures offer encouragement and promise. It is especially important to keep ourselves focused in this time of Advent. It is important to remember that this truly is a real time of celebration for Christians. There is no shame in the joy we feel as we celebrate the earthly birth of our God. There is no shame in acknowledging and accepting the special place we have in the eyes of God.
(Isaiah 54:10) For the mountains shall depart And the hills be removed, But My kindness shall not depart from you, Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed," Says the LORD, who has mercy on you.

This season of Advent provides an opportunity to teach our children the reality of the Christian way. A dedication of a portion of our Christmas decorations and conversation can easily include reminders of the promise of the second coming.
(Isaiah 54:13) All your children shall be taught by the LORD, And great shall be the peace of your children.

Father, God, we offer thanks for this opportunity to celebrate the fulfillment of the Old Testament promise in the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We offer thanks for the New Testament promise of the Second Coming. Please grant us the peace of Advent.
May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment