Saturday, December 11, 2010

Psalm 23 (King James Version)
1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

We are approaching the third week of Advent, the week that honors God’s love and his grace. This week is a time of remembrance that God took the time to notify ordinary shepherds in the field of the glorious birth of His Son!

As we celebrate this third week we have opportunities to live in the fullness of the 23rd Psalm. We have time to acknowledge all that God has done for us. We have time to be truly thankful.
We have time to share our blessings with others.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Philippians 4:19 (King James Version)
19But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Exodus 17:6
I will stand there before you by the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink.” So Moses did this in the sight of the elders of Israel.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Isaiah 32:17 (New International Version, ©2010)
17 The fruit of that righteousness will be peace;
its effect will be quietness and confidence forever.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Daniel 6:22-23 (New International Version, ©2010)
22 My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty.”
23 The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
2 Corinthians 9:8 (New International Version, ©2010)
8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment