Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Now hat is a call to faith!!!

Now that is a call to faith!!!
Romans 4 (New International Version, ©2010)
16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17 As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.
Thousands of years ago an old man in a country far away was asked to believe that he would be something special. He was asked to believe that though him others would be blessed for centuries to come. He was asked to believe that he would be the father of a great nation at a time when he had not been able to be the father of even one child.
Now that is a call to faith!!!
Genesis 12 (New International Version, ©2010) The Call of Abram
1 The LORD had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
2 “I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.”
Our God calls into being things that were not. We cannot fully enjoy the fulfillment of the promises of God until we reach a point where we can respond to His call to faith!
Is it harder to believe today that we are children of God, that we have the right to eternal life, that we have the right to blessings here and now than it was for a childless old man to believe that he would be the source of blessings for generations to come?
I am not angry with myself for coming late into the fold of God’s blessings, rather, I am grateful that he gracefully allowed me to be here long enough to wake up to His truth.
I have patience with myself because I remember that men who were walking around with Jesus every day needed faith boosters.

Luke 17:5-6 "The apostles said to the Lord, 'Increase our faith!' The Lord replied. 'If you had faith the size of a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.'"
All that we need is available to us through faith.
Matthew 17:19-20 "Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, 'Why could we not cast it out?' He said to them, 'Because of your little faith. For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you."
Father, God, I thank you for all you are in my life. I thank you for the gift of faith for it is truly a gift to know without a doubt that you are Love and that I am secure in that love.
Father, God, I pray increasing faith for my loved ones and circle of friends. Father, God, I pray my increasing faith as I travel The Way. Thank You, Lord.
May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment