Thursday, January 20, 2011

Your word is your bond.
Are you trustworthy?
Her word is good as gold.
You can take that to the bank!


People begin to trust you when you have consistently held to your word. This is something built over time.
2 Samuel 7:28 (English Standard Version)
28And now, O Lord GOD, you are God, and your words are true, and you have promised this good thing to your servant.

When David spoke these words he was noting the absolute trustworthiness of God. He was noting the promises kept and the consistency of God’s faithfulness.
Psalm 25:1-3 (King James Version)
1Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.
2O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
3Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.’

Isaiah 12:2 (English Standard Version)
2"Behold, God is my salvation;
I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation."

While studying about trust I found a site with 40 scriptures on the theme of “trust” I believe the most important thing I found on the site was an admonishment to study all of these scriptures in context in order to have a better understanding of God’s Word.
(40 Bible Verses About Trust and Trusting: What Does the Bible Say About Trust and Trusting?)
Exegesis (from the Greek ἐξήγησις from ἐξηγεῖσθαι 'to lead out') is a critical explanation or interpretation of a text, especially a religious text.

Exegesis includes a wide range of critical disciplines: textual criticism is the investigation into the history and origins of the text, but exegesis may include the study of the historical and cultural backgrounds for the author, the text, and the original audience. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exegesise

I invite you to study the Word of God. When you hear that heartwarming scripture, when you hear the sermon that stirs your soul take the time to know the scriptural truth of the message.
I am not suggesting that we all become “biblical scholars”. I am really suggesting a love affair with the Word.
2 Timothy 2:15 (King James Version)
15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

David’s words of trust have deeper meaning when we know about his miraculous deliverance in battles that could only be the work of God.

Isaiah’s declarations of trust speak from the heart of a man who has historical knowledge of the truthfulness of God’s promises.

Caleb felt confident that the people of Israel could take possession of the land despite the giants that were there because he trusted in the promises of God.

Diligent study of God’s Word benefits us by giving us opportunities to rest in the comfort of His promises. We can begin to build our own well of spiritual nourishment through study of the Word.
I pray that all who read this are joined with others who find it not robbery to study God’s Word. I pray that all who study God’s Word find joy, peace and comfort in His presence. Amen.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment