Saturday, March 6, 2010

I know God cares.

Sometimes, when Christians are having a hard time, they feel guilty. Guilty because so much around us seems to imply that, if our faith is strong, if we stay in the word, we will prosper.

I’ve even heard ministers hint that a lack of prosperity or a feeling of depression is proof of a poverty stricken spiritual life.

I wonder what effect this has on people who are struggling when many around them do, indeed, seem to be doing just fine. I wonder how many withdraw into themselves because they feel ashamed to be having a hard time emotionally, spiritually, physically or financially.

I wonder, prayerfully, how can we effectively reach out to our brothers and sisters who are suffering the double burden of having a hard time and being buried in a sense of guilt?

Today, I personally found great solace in Chapter 4 of 2 Corinthians.

I realize that Paul was writing to the Corinthians to encourage them in the face of persecution for His name’s sake, but the words were balm to my spirit today.

As I took comfort in the entirety of the chapter, I found special peace in verse 16:“Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.”

I have a special prayer that was sent to me some time ago by a friend. I have shared it with many and would like to share it now.

May today be all you need it to be.
May the peace of God and the freshness of the Holy Spirit rest in your thoughts, rule in your dreams and conquer all your fears.
May God manifest Himself today in ways you have never experienced. May your joys be fulfilled, your dreams be closer and your prayers be answered.
I pray that faith enters a new height for you;
I pray that your territory is enlarged.
I pray for peace, healing, health, happiness, prosperity, joy, true and undying love for God.

God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.


As I share this special prayer with you, I am comforted by the knowledge that God has been faithful to provide in my life. That knowledge strengthens my soul.

"He groaned in the spirit, and was troubled," John 11:33.

John 11:35. "Jesus wept"

I know God cares.


May God be a blessing in your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment