Sunday, March 14, 2010

Praises to God

Praises to God

From Psalms 113
113:3 From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the
LORD's name [is] to be praised.
113:4 The LORD [is] high above all nations, [and] his glory above the heavens.
113:5 Who [is] like unto the LORD our God, who dwelleth on high,
113:6 Who humbleth [himself] to behold [the things that are] in heaven, and in
the earth!

I want to praise Him
I want to praise His name
I want to praise Him
I want to praise His name
I want to praise Him
I want to praise His name
I want to praise His Holy Name


From Psalms 30
30:2 O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
30:3 O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
30:4 Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness…
30:8 I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication.
30:11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
30:12 To the end that [my] glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

From Psalms 40
40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, [and] established my goings.
40:3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, [even] praise unto our God: many shall see [it], and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
40:4 Blessed [is] that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
40:5 Many, O LORD my God, [are] thy wonderful works [which] thou hast done, and thy thoughts [which are] to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: [if] I would declare and speak [of them], they are more than can be numbered.
40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law [is] within my heart.


Do you have a reason to praise God today? Are you so caught up in your own stuff that you can't see your blessings?

I watched a program yesterday that gave an easy way out of depressed thoughts called “Killing the ANTS in your life” (Angry, Negative Thoughts)

It goes like this: For every negative thought ask yourself these four questions.
1. Is this really true?
2. Is this absolutely true?
3. How would it make me feel if it were absolutely true?
4. Is this the way I want to feel?

Then state the opposite of the negative thought and ask the same four questions.

We often box ourselves in with exaggerated negative thoughts such as “Nobody cares”, everybody thinks....., (s)he always....

Put your negative thoughts to the test, but first of all put God in the equation.

Now, do you have a reason to praise God today?

May God be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment