Tuesday, April 27, 2010

SANCTUARY

SANCTUARY

1 Corinthians 6:19 (New International Version)
19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

SANCTUARY

Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, I'll be a living
Sanctuary for You

Romans 12:1-2 (New International Version)
1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.
2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

It is you, Lord
Who came to save
The heart and soul
Of every man
It is you Lord
who knows my weakness
Who gives me strength,
With thine own hand.


1 Corinthians 6:19 “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
6:20 “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.”
God is telling us in these passages that there is a definite parallel between the “Structural Temple,” and the “Body Temple,” in both function, and purpose. And it would be of great benefit for each one of us to understand and apply, both their functions, and their purposes.

Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and Holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving I'll be a living
Sanctuary for you

Lead Me on Lord
From temptation
Purify me
From within
Fill my heart with
You holy spirit
Take away all my sin


Philippians 1:20-21 (New International Version)
20I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.
21For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Lord prepare me to be sanctuary
Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, I'll be a living
Sanctuary for You


Our Assistant Pastor sings “I Woke Up This Morning With My Mind Stayed on Jesus”. That is true for many of us.

For me, a big part of having my mind “Stayed on Jesus” is a prayer that He use me for the uplifting of His kingdom.
Before I can begin for the day on the computer, I must first ask God to prepare me. Preparation is a big part of my prayer life as I ask God to prepare me to come in prayer with a right mind, a mind that is stayed on the will of God.

I ask God to prepare me before I begin looking at scripture so that I might “rightly divide the Word“(2 Timothy 2:15). I ask God to prepare me before my interactions with others, whether it be family , business or social so that I may be a benefit and not a hindrance.

Then I thank God for gentle reminders which are a part of my preparation.

Psalms Chapter 150
1 Hallelujah! 2 Praise God in his holy sanctuary; give praise in the mighty dome of heaven.
2 Give praise for his mighty deeds, praise him for his great majesty.
3 Give praise with blasts upon the horn, praise him with harp and lyre.
4 Give praise with tambourines and dance, praise him with flutes and strings.
5 Give praise with crashing cymbals, praise him with sounding cymbals.
6 Let everything that has breath give praise to the LORD! Hallelujah!

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment