Wednesday, April 21, 2010

THE WAY.

Every denomination knows the way to salvation. Every domination, every sect believes that only their way is THE WAY.

The road to salvation is made crooked with the multiple turns of ritual, pomp and circumstance invoked by man.

How simple is the way.

Romans 10 (New International Version)
8But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, "that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:
9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."
12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,
13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Then there is the matter of living a Christian life.
Again, How simple is the way.


THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT
Matthew 22 (New International Version)
.34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together.
35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:
36“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your
soul and with all your mind.’
38This is the first and greatest commandment.
39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Now, simple does not mean that it is always easy to do.

I truly believe that it takes constant prayer to begin to live the life described in Matthew 22:37-40.

I don‘t find it easy to love my neighbor as myself. As a matter of fact I have some neighbors that I have difficulty loving at all.

I pray daily to Love the Lord, my God with all my heart, soul and mind, but get caught up in the day to day mess of living sometimes and let that take my focus off what matters most.

I am so serious about my quest to live this life that I chose not to complicate my journey on The Way with man-made detours.

“all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).

I thank God for His Way to salvation.

May God Forever be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment