Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Day of Praise

A Day of Praise

Today is just a day of praise. There are so many ways to praise our God. His presence can be felt everywhere by those who seek His face.

Psalm 106:1-5 (New International Version)
1 Praise the LORD.
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
2 Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the LORD
or fully declare his praise?
3 Blessed are they who maintain justice,
who constantly do what is right.
4 Remember me, O LORD, when you show favor to your people,
come to my aid when you save them,
5 that I may enjoy the prosperity of your chosen ones,
that I may share in the joy of your nation
and join your inheritance in giving praise.


I thank God for the gift of another day. I thank God for another opportunity to praise His name. I thank God.

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage where grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword,
His truth is marching on.

CHORUS: Glory, glory, hallelujah! Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah! His truth is marching on.

I have seen Him in the watchfires of a hundred circling camps;
They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps,
His day is marching on.--CHORUS

I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
"As ye deal with My contemners, so with you My Grace shall deal;
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel,
Since God is marching on."--CHORUS

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His Judgement Seat.
Oh! Be swift, my soul, to answer Him, be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on.--CHORUS

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in his bosom that transfigures you and me;
As he died to make men holy, let us die to make men free,
While God is marching on.--CHORUS


There are a few songs that just are meant to be shared. They sound wonderful when song by a soloist or a grand choir. They sound wonderful in country, jazz, or classical. They uplift the spirit and soothe the soul.

Psalm 111 (King James Version)
1Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.
2The works of the LORD are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.
3His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever.
4He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.


The amazing thing is that praising God has the effect of bringing joy into the spirit of the one who is lifting His name in praise.

Try making God first in your life and see how wonderful the rest of your day can be. Give God the first fruits of your time and reap the benefit of the comfort of the Holy Spirit.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment