Monday, September 27, 2010

God First. A Commitment to Daily Worship

God First. A Commitment to Daily Worship

Our pastor asked us to start each day with four things.
Amen… agreeing with God for what He has planned for our day
Hallelijah, praising God just for who He is in our lives.
Thank You, Lord, for all he has done is doing and will do in our lives.
Bless the Lord Another praise to God for His eternal mercies.

Joshua 1:8 (New International Version)
8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.


Every once in a while we are asked to do something that is just easy. We don’t mind at all complying with these easy requests, at least not in the beginning. But, after a while, we just slide back into old habits.

Now, what gets in the way?

There a program called The Renewing of Your Mind. It speaks the truth. Until you renew your mind, you won’t change. How do we make the changes that guarantee that we will give God at least these simple acts of worship. One way is to make a determination to give God the first fruits of our day.

Are we truly in agreement with the plans that God has for our day? Do we trust that He has our best interests?

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Can we say “Amen”?

Hallelujah is a Hebrew word meaning "Praise Yahweh".

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (New International Version)
16Be joyful always;
17pray continually;
18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.


We are guaranteed daily worship if the first thing we do on rising is worship God. We are guaranteed to give thanks if we remember to thank God for the gift of a new day. We are guaranteed to give our lives to God in agreement with His will if we acknowledge, Amen to the will of God, before we start to make our own decisions about the rest of our day.

Psalm 34 (New King James Version)
A Psalm of David when he pretended madness before Abimelech, who drove him away, and he departed.
1 I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make its boast in the LORD;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
3 Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together.


The last five chapters in the book of Psalms (146-150) comprise what might be considered a great "Hallalujah Chorus" to this "Hallel" book -- the "book of Israel's praises," as the book of Psalms was called by the Israelites.
http://www.icr.org/article/hallelujah-psalms/

Thank You, Lord, for life. Thank You, Lord, for the gift of the Comforter. Thank You, Lord, for your mercy which is renewed every morning. Thank You, Lord, I just want to thank You, Lord.

Psalm 118 (New International Version)
29 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.


I start my day in agreement with what You have in store for my life, Amen. I start my day singing praises for all You are in my life, Hallelujah! I start my day in appreciation for Your love, Thank You, Lord. I start my day with praise for your eternal mercies, Bless The Lord. I make a commitment to daily worship, a commitment to make God First.

Psalm 103 (New American Standard)
Praise for the LORD'S Mercies.
A Psalm of David.
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul, And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits ;


May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment