Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Joy in the Word.

Joy in the Word.

"Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." Psalm 126:2


I drove home from church last night with such joy in my heart. I felt such an appreciation of the love of God and the presence of the Holy Spirit and found myself singing songs of praise all the way home. .

At our church we have wonderful Monday nights starting with community prayer, moving to bible study and finishing with Sunday School Prep. It is a night filled with fellowship and learning. Last night was one of those wonderful nights that passed so quickly I found myself unable to believe that it was over.

Monday nights are our opportunities to refill. We spend the rest of the week in our various missions. We have a community food bank, do mission work with travelers from around the world in our Marine Mission, visit hospitals and nursing homes, and provide a prison ministry. But on Mondays we fuel up on the Word. We learn background and history. We look at practical applications to our daily lives. We find a connectedness, inspiration, comfort and joy in God’s word.

Isaiah 55:12 - "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." (NIV)


Please imagine this. See the glory of God in everything aroind us. How awesome it is to experience the greatness of God in all the wonders that He provides every day.
Join the mountains and hill in songs to our God.

I thank you, Lord, for the fellowship of believers. I thank you for blessings. I thank you for the gift of the Comforter. I pray your continued blessings on my life. I come to you with praises and joy.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment