Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary

Romans 12 (New International Version)
Living Sacrifices
1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship
2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary
Chorus
Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, I'll be a living
Sanctuary for You

It is you, Lord
Who came to save
The heart and soul
Of every man
It is you Lord
who knows my weakness
Who gives me strength,
With Thine own hand.

Chorus

Lead Me on Lord
From temptation
Purify me
From within
Fill my heart with
You holy spirit
Take away all my sin

Chorus


A friend commented on the differences she feels now when she hears “the same old songs” She noticed that she really hears the words now and that the words have so much meaning in her life. She was amazed at the difference that this transformation has had on her abilities as a member of the church praise team.

She stated that she sings with confidence now because her songs are songs of prayer and praise with no time to be concerned about what’s going on in the audience.
The difference is magnificent.

Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary
What a wonderful song of prayer and praise. A prayer that seeks preparation to do the work of God. A prayer that acknowledges our need for God’s intervention to be worthy to do His work.

This wonderful praise is offered to our God who came to save us from our sins and to prepare us to enter His kingdom. What an awesome way to say thank you, Lord, for the renewing of my mind and for keeping me in your perfect will.

Lord, I thank You for all you are in my life I thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit. I thank you for your peace and comfort. I offer today the Prayer of Jabez that You may grant my request. Amen.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

1 comment:

  1. As I was making my 2023 Resolutions, this song came to mind. I selected some of the good counsel from your article as I seek in 2023, for the Lord to Prepare me to be a Sanctuary, for His Work. Thank you, I needed to hear this and the Lord always gathers His Flock. Wishing you the Lord's Best in 2023!

    ReplyDelete