Monday, October 4, 2010

Praying the Scriptures for Your Children

I received a wonderful gift from my pastor yesterday. It was a fact sheet entitled “Prayer Power: Covering Our Kids With His Promise!” which was featured on the 700 Club on April 22, 2002.

This fact sheet was a summary of a book “Praying the Scriptures for Your Children,” by Jodie Berndt.

The author uses actual scripture. Inserting the child’s name to personalize the prayer. An example is: “I pray that (your child’s name) would continue to live in Christ, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as he was taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” from the scripture of (Colossians 2:6-7).
Colossians 2:6-7 (New American Standard Bible
6Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him,
7having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.


This could be a powerful tool for both the child and the adult, especially when the adult shares the scripture and the process with the child. I feel as if I have been given a new eye with which to see scripture, an eye for helpful tools for my grandchildren, an eye for opportunities to share the Word in a whole new light.

I love praying for my children and grandchildren. We believe that we are privileged to have the Word to guide us in our daily lives and active prayer for our loved ones is a part of daily living. Scripture says

25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. Romans 8:25-27 (New International Version)

All saints have the privilege of interceding on behalf of their loved ones. All saints have the benefit of the Holy Spirit in prayer and in meditation. I know that my prayers are answered when I ask to be an effective prayer warrior for loved ones. I thank God for yet another way to worship and praise Him.

May God enrich your spirit. May God bring you peace and fulfillment.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment