Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hebrews 11:1 (New King James Version)
By Faith We Understand
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.


I believe for every drop of rain that falls
A flower grows,
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night
A candle glows,
I believe for everyone who goes astray,
Someone will come to show the way,
I believe, I believe.

I believe above the storm a smallest prayer
Will still be heard,
I believe that someone in the great somewhere
Hears every word,
Every time I hear a newborn baby cry,
Or touch a leaf, or see the sky,
Then I know why,
I believe.

Every time I hear a newborn baby cry,
Or touch a leaf, or see the sky,
Then I know why,
I believe.

Do you remember that old spiritual by the Platters? It was such a simple expression of faith. It was such an acceptance of the joy available in the simple things of life.
Romans 10:17 (New King James Version)
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Faith allows us to know that there a God. Faith allows us to have a personal relationship with God. Faith allows us the comfort of the Holy Spirit. But faith does not require us to be gullible. We study to show ourselves approved. We study so that God will give us discernment.

"It is no sin to doubt some things... it may be fatal to believe everything. Faith never means gullibility. Credulity never honors God. The healthy soul, like the healthy blood system, has its proper proportion of white and red blood cells. The red corpuscles are like faith: they carry the life giving oxygen to every part of the body. The white cells are like discernment: they pounce upon dead and toxic matter and carry it out to the drain. In the healthy heart there must be provision for keeping dead and poisonous matter out of the life stream. http://www.acts17-11.com/faith.html
2 Thes 2:10b-11 (NIV) They perish because they refuse to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie.

“When you have come to the edge
Of all light that you know
And are about to drop off into the darkness
Of the unknown,
Faith is knowing
One of two things will happen:
There will be something solid to stand on or
You will be taught to fly”
Patrick Overton


This is faith.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment