Monday, November 8, 2010

Please, God, Order My Steps

Romans 8:26-27 (New King James Version)
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

When I woke this morning my prayer was for special guidance on all decisions I had to make today. I have several things to work through, many of them with lasting repercussions, and I wanted to be sure that I was working within the will of God. I was not sure of the words, not sure exactly how to phrase my needs, then the gracious Holy Spirit placed the words of this song in my heart.
Lyrics to Order My Steps :
Order my steps in Your word dear Lord,
lead me, guide me everyday,
send Your anointing, Father I pray;
order my steps in Your word,
please, order my steps in Your word.

Humbly, I ask Thee to teach me Your will,
while You are working, help me be still,
Satan is busy, God is real;
order my steps in Your word,
please, order my steps in Your word.

Briddle my tongue let my words edify,
let the words of my mouth be exceptable in Thy sight,
take charge of my thoughts both day and night;
order my steps in Your word,
please order my steps in Your word.

CHORUS
I want to walk worthy,
my calling to fulfill.
Please order my steps Lord,
and I'll do Your blessed will.
The world is ever changing,
but You are still the same;
if You order my steps, I'll praise Your name.

Order my steps in Your word.
Order my tongue in Your word.
Guide my feet in Your word.
Wash my heart in Your word.
Show me how to walk in Your word.
Show me how to talk in Your word.
When I need a brand new song to sing,
show me how to let Your praises ring,
in your word (2x),

Please order my steps in Your word,
Please order my steps in Your word.

REPEAT CHORUS ( 2 X )

Please order my steps in Your word,

My friend and I were talking this weekend about our tendency to try to “help God” after we have prayed for His help. I truly believe God placed this song in my spirit to tell me to be still.
This is not a day for slogans. This is not a day for half-hearted commitment. This is truly a day when I must trust God to order my steps.
Therefore, I am truly grateful for the gift of the Holy Spirit. I am grateful for the knowledge that He is here to guide me through.

Please, God, Order my Steps.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment