Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Starting the Day in Prayer

Colossians 1:9 New King James Version (NKJV)
Preeminence of Christ
   
9 For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

When I first open my eyes in the morning my first conscious thought is “Dear God, thank You for the gift of another day. Please be in every thought, word and deed throughout the day.”

I am so aware of the danger of getting out in the world without the blessed presence of the Comforter. I have spent too much time cleaning up the messes I've made when I rush out and do things with only my own counsel.

Scripture encourages us to pray, not only for ourselves and our own salvation but for all of the Saints. I think on the caution presented on airlines to “put your own oxygen mask on first in case of emergency, then assist those needing help”. It is true with prayer. We must be in His will. We must pray for discernment and guidance so that we can effectively carry out His commandment to take the Word out to others.
James 5:16 New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

I strive every day to be all that God would have me to be. I know without a doubt that I must first seek His will then venture into the world. I know that of myself I will never be righteous, but I am confident that I can be “right living” within the safety of His grace and mercy.

I pray that each of you has the support of a loving ministry wherein you can receive guidance, encouragement and support as you face the daily challenges in the world. I ask God's gracious touch on every eye that sees this work.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment