Thursday, March 15, 2012

At Peace in the Spirit

John 13:1 New International Version (NIV)
 1 It was just before the Passover Festival. Jesus knew that the hour had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.

We say “Jesus loves me this I know, 'cause the bible tells me so” and there is so much in the bible to support our absolute assurance that this is true.

Just as He took the time to reassure his friends on that night before He went to the cross, He made sure that we knew that we would never be alone. He left us His peace. He left us a Comforter.
John 14:27 New International Version (NIV)
27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

We do not need to be afraid because we have the assurance of our Lord that he will never leave us without the comfort and protection of His Spirit.

What a wonder it is to live as a child of the Living God. How magnificent it is to be in the Spirit and to have the Spirit dwell within you.
John 14:15-17 King James Version (KJV)
 15If ye love me, keep my commandments.
 16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

How plain He has made his love for us. How clearly he has told us to rest in the comfort and assurance of His unwavering love.

Thank You Lord for Your ever present love.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment