Friday, March 16, 2012

The Glories of God

Psalm 19:1-5
King James Version (KJV)

 1The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
 2Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
 3There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
 4Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
 5Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

I am privileged to live where I can enjoy the majesty of a sunset into the water but right now I am sitting in a desert community providing care for a friend. I was busy missing my closeness to the ocean when my eyes were opened to the splendor of a mountain sunrise!

My God is everywhere! Evidence of His majesty is available if we just open our eyes and accept the many gifts He provides.

How Great Thou Art
O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

My heart swells with joy and appreciation for the unlimited gifts He so freely gives. I thank You, God, for Florida sunsets, for Nevada sunrises and for all of the other gifts you have opened my eyes to see.
I pray that your heart is open to the Glories of God.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment