Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One of His Chosen Ones

I’ve been off the waves for a while because I’m in the hospital. My prayer was “Please let them find what is wrong and how to fix it.” My Prayer has been answered. I just got the” what’s wrong and what we’re going to do” message a few minutes ago. I say thanks to my God.

I was completing the book of Judges last week and admit that I will have to have help with the last two chapters. Alone I could find no real rhyme or reason and especially no life application, but I say this, I was amazed at all the rhyme, reason and life applications I found in the previous chapters, so I wait.

Now, for this adventure… I noticed her first because she literally bounced when she walked. I was in the midst of one of many not so pleasant tests when I saw her.

I was not in the best of spirits and beginning to fuss at myself for letting this whole hospital thing get me down. No matter how much I know better, there is still a little residual guilt when I let the trials of the world get me down.

I tried to comfort myself with reminders of all my blessings but it just wasn’t working. She started taking my medical history and I said my usual “I’m basically healthy as a horse.” She replied “Yes, but it’s rough when you turn into a mule,” and turned my day around.
Psalm 105:1-6 (New King James Version)
The Eternal Faithfulness of the LORD
1 Oh, give thanks to the LORD!
Call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples!
2 Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him;
Talk of all His wondrous works!
3 Glory in His holy name;
Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the LORD!
4 Seek the LORD and His strength;
Seek His face evermore!
5 Remember His marvelous works which He has done,
His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth,
6 O seed of Abraham His servant,
You children of Jacob, His chosen ones!

Now, I am one of those folks who know that God is good. I know that I have spent most of my life a living witness to His grace and mercy. And I know that He is here now as he always has been.

I remember today my impatience with those old folks who had had lives free of medical problems who were just totally put out when they finally had issues, and I smile because I am now one of them.

I have decided to spend the rest of my time here spreading joy in the Lord. I will take every opportunity that comes my way to sing His praises!!!
Psalm 106:1-2 (New King James Version)
1 Praise the LORD!
Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
2 Who can utter the mighty acts of the LORD?
Who can declare all His praise?

I plan to try. I plan to be one of those who declare His praise. I know that I am one of His chosen ones even when I am operating in “mule mode” and I thank Him for another opportunity to give praise for the people He puts in my path who remind me of the joy available to those who love Him.

Thank you, Betsy Shecter, for your kindness and words of encouragement and comfort.


May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment