Thursday, March 3, 2011

Silent moments

Father,
I don’t like times of silence. There is no gift greater than experiencing Your presence, and when You feel far away it makes me sad. Please do what You need to with me and empower me to love you well when you feel far away, even as I love You when You feel close. But please don’t let these seasons last a moment longer than is necessary for Your purposes to be accomplished in me. Paula Moldenhauer, http://www.crosswalk.com/spirituallife/women/11574399/

This is another of those times when God sent me exactly what I was searching for. I was feeling a little down and frustrated because things seemed to be going quite badly. I typed in “When God is silent” and was surprised to find multiple articles on the subject.

Of course there are those who presume to know that if God seems silent in your life you must not be listening. Even on this seriously brown day I could not wish them a serious lesson in humility, so I went on seeking someone who was here with understanding.

The first reassuring thing was the fact that there were 3,880,000 results for the topic “When God is Silent” so a lot of folks must have had some experience with the issue. Then I remembered David and the many times he entreated God to turn an ear to his pleas!

As I search the Psalms I am reassured that God is with me even (especially) when things seem to be in turmoil.
Psalm 27:7-14 (New King James Version)
7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, LORD, I will seek.”
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the LORD will take care of me.

11 Teach me Your way, O LORD,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
12 Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.

14 Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!

I have not lost heart because I know I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment