Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Quiet little blessings

Quiet little blessings sometimes get missed; therefore, it is good to give thanks for blessings seen and unseen.

Psalm 121 (New King James Version)
A Song of Ascents.
1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.


I would not miss an opportunity to praise God for all that He is in my life, not just all that He does, but all that He is. He is Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There) through good times and bad. He is there in the quiet of the morning. He is there when all around me is turmoil. He is there.

3 He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.


I live in the comfort of knowing that I am a child of El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty). To me this means that He has given me the right to come in supplication for all of my needs. In this sometimes stressful world what I need most is peace of mind and I thank Him for His peace which surpasses all understanding. I thank an all present God,

5 The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night

.
Jehovah Jireh (The Lord Will Provide) . Sometimes we forget to thank God for the gift of imagination and the appreciation of natural beauty. How full our lives become when we can take comfort in the simple things of life. I thank God that His gift of provision is not limited to bread and lodging. I thank Him for making my time here full of pleasure in the gift of a sunset at the beach, a sunrise over the mountains or the smile of a grandchild.

7 The LORD shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.


Those of us who spend a good deal of time on the highways and city streets have special reasons to sing praises to God. I thank Him for the near misses that I know about as well as those I didn’t even see.

It amazes me how much joy I experience when in prayer and praise. My life is so much fuller as I grow in my relationship with Jehovah-Raah (The Lord My Shepherd), David’s Shepherd, my Shepherd.

May God Forever Be A Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment