Friday, August 22, 2014

His Promise of Counsel


Psalm 32:8New International Version (NIV)                                                                   8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
    I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.


I read a blog this morning with 54 promises from God that the author had picked out as his favorites. It warmed my heart because nestled in his list was one of my favorites, Psalm 32:8.

I love reading the promises of God. It renews my spirit and gives me hope and confidence to know that He is a keeper of His promises.

Whenever I approach a difficult situation, where the words I speak can have a profound impact on the outcome, I try always to seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit with the simple prayer; “please give me the right words to say in this situation and the wisdom of silence when needed”.

The Holy Spirit has never failed me when I have diligently sought His help. It is only when I rush headlong into situations and, as my earthly father was fond of warning,  I "put my mouth in gear before I engage my brain” that my words bring hurt or difficulty.

As I grow older I am (perhaps too slowly) learning the value of strategic silence, a time of silence in which I can truly seek the guidance of The Holy Spirit.

8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
    I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.


When I spend time in study of His Word I open my heart to his instruction in the way I should go. When listen to teachers and preachers of His Word I make myself available for greater understanding of His Will and His Ways.

John 14:26New International Version (NIV)
26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Even in those times when the Holy Spirit gives me a “gentle reprimand” for acts of stubbornness, acts of unkindness, acts of arrogance, I continue to thank Him because I truly understand that it is a “loving eye” that He keeps on me and that, as a Loving Father, he corrects me as needed.

It is my prayer that you will receive the blessing of comfort in the promises of God.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment