Thursday, August 28, 2014

Words of Comfort


Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. (NIV)

Even the doctors don't want to say the words unless they have no choice; but, when you are told you have to have a biopsy, you know they are not looking for the flu.

My first thought was to find scriptures of comfort while I went through the stages of the diagnostic process and among the scriptures I found these comforting words from Jeremiah.

As I read Jeremiah's words an interesting thing happened...I found myself looking for ways to comfort others who might be facing illness and uncertainty.

I began working on a series of inspirational cards which our pastor could use when members of the church were facing illness or stresses of body or soul. While working on the project I realized that my mind was quickly removed from worry about my issues and focused on providing comfort to others.

I shed tears of joy for the wonderful way the Holy Spirit surrounded me in the warmth of His Love.

During these few days I've read many scriptures of comfort while I am gathering information for my project and each has lifted a bit of the burden of fear and anxiety from my heart.

I'll not pretend that I don't have anxious moments, I still have to deal with the uncertainty of not knowing the outcome; but I'm not afraid. I rest in the knowledge that, whatever the outcome, I am in good hands!

Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. (NIV)

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment