Monday, August 18, 2014

Walking in His Light

1 John 1:7King James Version (KJV)

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

There is cleansing in the Light. There is warmth in the Light. There is peace in the Light. There is joy in the Light.

The author, Patti M. Hummel, describes joy as:                                                             “Joy is setting the soul upon the top of a pinnacle; it is the cream of the sincere milk of the Word.                                                                                                                   Spiritual joy is a sweet and delightful passion, arising from the apprehension and feeling of some good, whereby the soul is supported under present troubles and fenced against future fear.” -

As a child of God I expect to have more days in the light than days in darkness and many more days on top of the pinnacle of joy. 

John 1:12King James Version (KJV)
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Now, don't misunderstand, I don't mean to imply that being a child of God means I won't experience bad times. I understand that some of the greatest prophets and saints suffered greatly and our Lord, Himself, suffered a mean death on the cross. But, in good times and bad, I expect to be always in His Light.

Philippians 4:11-13Contemporary English Version (CEV)
11 I am not complaining about having too little. I have learned to be satisfied with whatever I have.                                                                                                                 12 I know what it is to be poor or to have plenty, and I have lived under all kinds of conditions. I know what it means to be full or to be hungry, to have too much or too little. 13 Christ gives me the strength to face anything.

Although I know that trials have absolutely nothing to do with the JOY that comes from living in the reflected Light of Jesus Christ, I struggle to truly be free of complaints in times of trouble. But I am glad that the Holy Spirit brings me back to Words of encouragement at those times when I am weakest. I thank my God for the gift of the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, who keeps the light visible so that I don't stray too far from His path.

I stay in the light by staying in His Word. His Word contains His promises. His Word contains comfort. His Word contains correction and guidance. His Word contains joy!
Walking in the light

Chorus 1:
Walking in the light,
beautiful light;
ain't it wonderful how the light shines?

Thank You, Lord, for being my Light!

May each of you experience the joy of Walking in the Light!

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment