Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The GIFT of the Holy Spirit

Dr. Wilbur Smith, a seminary professor, once stated, "The man who denies the Trinity will lose his soul. The man who tries to understand the Trinity will lose his mind." We, who are finite, cannot comprehend God, who is infinite.

Romans 11:33-34Living Bible (TLB)
33 Oh, what a wonderful God we have! How great are his wisdom and knowledge and riches! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his methods! 34 For who among us can know the mind of the Lord? Who knows enough to be his counselor and guide?

It always amazes me when I run into people who base their denial of the existence of God on their inability to explain Him in human terms. I share with them this, for me, simple truth...I would not serve a God who was as simple as I am. I am more than content with the gift of understanding as He sees fit to reveal Himself to me.

This does not mean that I believe my God is confusing. To the contrary, God makes perfect sense, He just doesn't conform to man's rules and measures.

Today, I am composing this message on a computer. When I'm not sure just where a verse comes from I simply type in the words and, walla! just like that, the correct scripture comes up in seconds.

Try very hard to imagine explaining the concept of the internet to someone as recent as the 1950's and imagine how very lost they would be. How hard it would be for someone at that time to believe that we could carry around in our pockets a gadget that would navigate, play movies, do research and so much more. But we take cell phones and computers for granted.

If we were able to live a thousand years our lifespan would remain insignificant in God's scope of things and we would have as little understanding of Him, in the natural, as that person from the 50's would have of those things we just accept as real today.

But, God did give us a way to understand as much of Him as we can. He left us His Word and He left us the Holy Spirit.

John 14:25-26Contemporary English Version (CEV)
25 I have told you these things while I am still with you. 26 But the Holy Spirit will come and help you, because the Father will send the Spirit to take my place. The Spirit will teach you everything and will remind you of what I said while I was with you.

Now, there are those who say that the Holy Spirit and being indwelled with the Spirit were temporary things which were only needed in the times of the New Christian Church when they did not have access to bibles and a multitude of preachers/;ministers to help us understand His Word.

I thank my God that they are wrong!

The Holy Spirit is my “go to guy” when I'm lost, when I'm in pain, when I just don't understand.  I pray in the Spirit. I seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit whenever I attempt to study or write. I ask the Holy Spirit to intercede for me when I am overwhelmed and don't even know where to start in prayer.

Thank You God for having the wisdom to present yourself in my life in the person of the Holy Spirit without Whom I would be lost.
 
John 3:5New King James Version (NKJV)
5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

I pray you find God in the Person of the Holy Spirit revealed in your heart.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment