Saturday, August 16, 2014

In Danger of Being Spewed From the Mouth of God!

Psalm 119:9-10
How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.

10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!



An old woman is comforted by these scriptures, even though they are so convicting at just this moment! The comfort is that My God cares enough to provide gentle reprimands when I have strayed so far from His will.

Hebrews 12:6New King James Version (NKJV)

For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”

That He takes the effort to chasten me is a reminder that I am truly one of His children. That He chose to lead me back to His Word to strengthen and remind me of who we are, My God and I, is my source of great gratitude today.

Lets look at this short journey:
Last week I accepted an invitation to attend a service at a friend's place of worship. The very best part of this night was the trip to and from the meeting place. On the way one of the travelers began talking about the Book of Revelation. Now, this was a bit of an “out of nowhere” conversation, BUT, I promised to look up the references to the seven synagogs spoken of in Revelation.

It was as if the scriptures about the Church of the Laodiceans just jumped off the pages in BOLD print. This was me!


Our scripture lesson for this week is from Psalm 119, one of my favorites. As I prepared for the lesson I revisited a week-long study I did three years ago and made another discovery!

I started a blog for our church on Wednesday, February 3, 2010. When I started I was truly on fire!!!

In that first year there were 172 postings to our blog; but the following year there were 46 and it dwindled down to 1 (one!) in this year. I confess that's pretty lukewarm.

Through all of this neglect God has continued to protect and bless me beyond measure, even when I whined and kicked like a toddler when things I wanted didn't come in my time.
    Today I thank God, again, for giving me the job of preparing the bulletin and insert for our weekly Sabbath Service because I am compelled to study at this time. I thank God for allowing me to have ears to hear this chastisement.
    I pray like David that God not remove His Holy Presence from me!
    Psalm 119:9-10
How can a young man cleanse his way?By taking heed according to Your word.
10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!


    I pray the strength of the Holy Spirit to help me to keep on track and in His Word.


May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment