Friday, May 21, 2010

“And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God” (Ephesians 5:18-21)



Galatians 5:16 (New International Version)
Life by the Spirit
16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

Singing songs of praise are so common in our church. I often hear other members quietly, joyfully praising God . I find myself full of songs of praise when I wake in the morning, as I go about my day, when the day is over and it’s time to settle down.

There is great comfort in songs of praise. There is great comfort in a life filled with the Holy Spirit.

I heard our Pastor say to a new member “read your bible every day. If you can’t read the bible, sing songs of praise.” and I smiled in appreciation because I can witness the fulfillment of singing praise.

I feel that the Holy Spirit is the source of that “peace that passes all understanding and that the Holy Spirit is truly the Comforter. Singing praise is one of the easiest roads to a walk with the Holy Spirit. .

I found an inspired article entitled The Spirit-Filled Christian By P. G. Mathew, M.A., M. Div., Th.M., which gave a really nice description of the Holy Spirit.
He states “The Holy Spirit is not a substance, a force, or an influence. He is the infinite God, the third Person of the Trinity. It is the Holy Spirit who convicts us of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
It is the Holy Spirit who regenerates us and makes us a new creation. It is the Holy Spirit who sanctifies us, making us holy and blameless.
The Bible says that we are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1:13), that the Holy Spirit indwells every Christian (Romans 8:11), and that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19).

52And the disciples were continually filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit..

In times of trouble and distress, no matter what is happening in our lives, there is great joy in the Holy Spirit.

I wish you a spirit filled life. I wish you a life filled with joy.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment