Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Your Biblical Personality Style:

Your Biblical Personality Style:

1 Corinthians 12:7-11 (New International Version)
7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.
8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit,
9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,
10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.
11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.


“We are each uniquely created as body, soul and spirit. Our body (five senses) provides an awareness of the world around us, our spirit offers an awareness of Heavenly things above, and our soul gives us an awareness of who we are! It is in our very soul that lies the traits that make up our intellect, emotions, and temperament. Understanding personality helps to unlock the potential of our future by allowing us to understand how our own passion and purpose come together for the glory of God and the good of those around us. “

All of us who have been in the business of providing therapy or counseling services to others have had to endure being tested and analyzed at some points in our careers.

Today, I ran across a mini version of one of the more common tests called the DISC.

It has been many a year since I have examined my own personality style and thought it would be fun to see if these tests were as close to real as they were during my working days.

The fascinating thing about the test today was it’s purported intent to show us insight into our biblical personality style. In just a few minutes they claimed to be able to show which bible personalities you most resembled in your walk in the Word.

So, I took the test.

It was amazing how closely the profile fit me as I see myself now. It was also amazing to see the ways I have changed with maturity in life and maturing in my walk.

The test is free if you are willing to “sign up” and give some demographic information; and, of course, they encourage you to buy the more comprehensive profile ( which was only about $10 and I think I remember that the comprehensive test was over $300 15 years ago).

But you can simply take the free test.

www.biblicalprofile.com is the site if you are interested.

Please send me an e-mail at sleeholmes22@yahoo.com if you decide to take the test and let me know what you think.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment