Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Joy of Prayer

The Joy of Prayer

We have His promise that the fervent prayer of a righteous man accomplishes much (James 5:16-18).

Ephesians 6 (New International Version)
18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
19Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,

My spiritual mentor sets a wonderful example of intercessory prayer. Many a time I have seen someone ask her to pray for them and watched her stop, take their hands and pray on the spot. She later lifted them up in prayer at her “regular” prayer time.

I have always been grateful that I was firmly on her prayer list and I thank God for her on a daily basis.

I now, also, thank God for a better understanding of the JOY of prayer. Mother Brown prays so often because of the joy that prayer brings to her. I know this now because I now know the joy of prayer myself.

Prayer is a form of worship and there is joy in worship. When we sincerely lift up prayers to Our Lord we are in glorious communication one on one with God. How awesome is that!!!

This happens when our prayers stop being a laundry list of things for God to do for us and becomes an expression of our desire to be in His will.

It happens when prayer is a “Thank You Lord” time, a “Praise You Lord” time, a “Show me Your will” time.

Praying for the good of others opens so many doors to fervent prayer. Praying for the good of others gets us out of the narrowness of our own stuff and makes room for the Holy Spirit to intercede on our behalf.

And the glorious thing is that we don’t even have to have the words to express the desires of our hearts because God has left the blessing of the comforter with us . Romans 8:26-27 (New American Standard Bible)

26In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
27and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

I pray that you truly experience the joy of fervent prayer. I ask you to keep me in your prayers.

1 Tim 2:1 (Wey) I exhort then, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions and thanksgivings be offered on behalf of all men.

I ask that God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment