Thursday, February 3, 2011

His mercy is renewed every morning

His mercy is renewed every morning
Here I come again, Lord, asking for your help.
I come just like a child asking you to bail me out one more time.

As clearly as if a light switch was flipped my God showed me that I felt I had the right to come to Him in supplication even after the millionth time I had messed up.
The message was “how is that different from your grandchild feeling that she has the right to come to you and she hasn’t even reached a thousand yet.”

I smiled in recognition and thanks for yet another “gentle reprimand” from the Holy Spirit, my Comforter and my guide.
Lamentations 3:21-26 (King James Version)
21This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
22It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
25The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
26It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

We Christians love to remind ourselves that God’s mercy is renewed every morning. We love this scripture because deep down inside we recognize the fact that messing up is what we do.
But, as usual, we tend to only read and remember that portion of the scripture that meets our immediate needs.
Lamentations, whose author is unknown, but which was probably written by Jeremiah, the weeping prophet, speaks of a time when God’s chosen people felt abandoned and lost. This is a time of recognition of sins and trespasses. This is a time of crying out to God for forgiveness and acknowledging His goodness.
Matthew 6:12 (King James Version)
12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

We often want to skip the part of acknowledging our grievances against God and man. We just want the mercy part.

I frequently have the opportunity to thank God for “gentle reprimands”. I am so grateful for those times, and they are many, when he gently shows me the error of my ways and gives me opportunities to make amends.

Thank you, Holy Spirit for continuing to lead and guide me. Thank You for mercy renewed every morning. Thank You for wonderful teachers and mentors who help to light the path to Your Word.

I pray blessings for all in my circle of influence. I pray special blessings for my Church and my Church family. Amen.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment