Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Psalms 119-2
Psalms - Tehillim
Perek Yomi Tehillim
The Bible’s Prayerbook

The Hebrew title for the book of Psalms is Tehillim, meaning “songs of praise,” and individual psalms are referred to as Mizmorim: Mizmor Aleph (Psalm 1), Mizmor Bet (Psalm 2), and so on.

Traditionally, the Tehillim are divided into five books, corresponding to the five books of Torah. Just as Moses gave five books of Torah to Israel, so David gave five books of Psalms. “Moses gave the path, but David gave directions.” In the Hebrew Bible, the Psalms are counted among wisdom literature of the Ketuvim ("Writings").
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Scripture/Ketuvim/Psalms/psalms.html

This week the members of the Tabernacle are praying Psalm 119 at the request of our Pastor. Each day I will attempt to find some morsel of encouragement, wisdom or knowledge related to our study and prayer.
Psalm 119-2
ד DALETH
25 My soul clings to the dust;
Revive me according to Your word.
26 I have declared my ways, and You answered me;
Teach me Your statutes.
27 Make me understand the way of Your precepts;
So shall I meditate on Your wonderful works.
28 My soul melts from heaviness;
Strengthen me according to Your word.
29 Remove from me the way of lying,
And grant me Your law graciously.
30 I have chosen the way of truth;
Your judgments I have laid before me.
31 I cling to Your testimonies;
O LORD, do not put me to shame!
32 I will run the course of Your commandments,
For You shall enlarge my heart.
×” HE
33 Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes,
And I shall keep it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law;
Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
35 Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,
For I delight in it.
36 Incline my heart to Your testimonies,
And not to covetousness.
37 Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things,
And revive me in Your way.[a]
38 Establish Your word to Your servant,
Who is devoted to fearing You.
39 Turn away my reproach which I dread,
For Your judgments are good.
40 Behold, I long for Your precepts;
Revive me in Your righteousness.
וWAW
41 Let Your mercies come also to me, O LORD—
Your salvation according to Your word.
42 So shall I have an answer for him who reproaches me,
For I trust in Your word.
43 And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,
For I have hoped in Your ordinances.
44 So shall I keep Your law continually,
Forever and ever.
45 And I will walk at liberty,
For I seek Your precepts.
46 I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings,
And will not be ashamed.
47 And I will delight myself in Your commandments,
Which I love.
48 My hands also I will lift up to Your commandments,
Which I love,
And I will meditate on Your statutes.
Father, God, we thank You for Your Word. We thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit. We thank You for a growing understanding of the application of Your Word to our lives. We ask Your continued blessing on our lives and work. Amen.
Thank you for joining us in this week of prayer for understanding and wisdom and…
May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment