Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Psalms 119-3 Prayer for Wisdom
Psalms 119:49-72
×–ZAYIN
49 Remember the word to Your servant,
Upon which You have caused me to hope.
50 This is my comfort in my affliction,
For Your word has given me life.
51 The proud have me in great derision,
Yet I do not turn aside from Your law.
52 I remembered Your judgments of old, O LORD,
And have comforted myself.
53 Indignation has taken hold of me
Because of the wicked, who forsake Your law.
54 Your statutes have been my songs
In the house of my pilgrimage.
55 I remember Your name in the night, O LORD,
And I keep Your law.
56 This has become mine,
Because I kept Your precepts.

×—HETH
57 You are my portion, O LORD;
I have said that I would keep Your words.
58 I entreated Your favor with my whole heart;
Be merciful to me according to Your word.
59 I thought about my ways,
And turned my feet to Your testimonies.
60 I made haste, and did not delay
To keep Your commandments.
61 The cords of the wicked have bound me,
But I have not forgotten Your law.
62 At midnight I will rise to give thanks to You,
Because of Your righteous judgments.
63 I am a companion of all who fear You,
And of those who keep Your precepts.
64 The earth, O LORD, is full of Your mercy;
Teach me Your statutes.


טTETH
65 You have dealt well with Your servant,
O LORD, according to Your word.
66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
For I believe Your commandments.
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
But now I keep Your word.
68 You are good, and do good;
Teach me Your statutes.
69 The proud have forged a lie against me,
But I will keep Your precepts with my whole heart.
70 Their heart is as fat as grease,
But I delight in Your law.
71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted,
That I may learn Your statutes.
72 The law of Your mouth is better to me
Than thousands of coins of gold and silver.

The humility in this portion of the prayer of Psalm 119 is awesome. The admission of failures and the fact that our failures sometimes serve as open doors to growth in our Lord.
As I continue to pray Psalm 119 I find comfort in the evidence of God’s capacity for forgiveness and mercy. I remember that David was far from a perfect man, but that what set him apart was his true understanding of his dependence on God and his unfailing love of God.
Proverbs 4:1-7 (New King James Version)
Security in Wisdom
1 Hear, my children, the instruction of a father,
And give attention to know understanding;
2 For I give you good doctrine:
Do not forsake my law.
3 When I was my father’s son,
Tender and the only one in the sight of my mother,
4 He also taught me, and said to me:
“ Let your heart retain my words;
Keep my commands, and live.
5 Get wisdom! Get understanding!
Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth.
6 Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you;
Love her, and she will keep you.
7 Wisdom is the principal thing;
Therefore get wisdom.
And in all your getting, get understanding.

My prayer, oh Lord, continues to be one of thanksgiving. Thank you for Your Word. Thank You for Your mercy which is renewed daily. I ask, as did David, for good judgment and knowledge and know that these gifts are most precious. I especially need Your wisdom in matters related to my family. Please, Lord, give me the right words to say and the wisdom of silence when needed. I ask prayer from all who are right with God.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment