Thursday, February 10, 2011

I’m blessed with work!!!

We have great national missionaries in our church, people who spend time every day in local service to the LORD. We have people who visit the sick, visit prisons and feed the hungry. We have people with the gift of hospitality who bring a welcoming spirit to all who enter our circle. Some of them seem to have boundless energy and enthusiasm for the work that they do. As a matter of fact they never seem to feel it is work.
2 Corinthians 9:7 (New King James Version)
7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.

The thing I have noticed is the JOY they convey when they are about God’s work. When you look at their faces it would seem they were on the receiving end of the gifts of time and sustenance they dispense.

These are not the missionaries who travel to foreign places. They are not necessarily in imminent danger when going about their work, but we acknowledge that their work is indeed worthy in the Kingdom and we acknowledge that they are, indeed, cheerful givers.
1 Corinthians 12:4-7 (New King James Version)
4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:

I seem to have always been blessed with the ability to enjoy the natural beauties that God has provided. I often wondered why I wasn’t given the gift of painting or drawing so that I could convey that beauty to others.

When I came to the LORD I had this same yearning to share some of the wonder of the Holy Spirit. I needed desperately to feel that I was not selfishly taking, that I could offer something to the work of building the Kingdom.

It took patience and diligent prayer to find my place in the body. It takes diligence and patience to continue in this work. Ah, but the joy!!!

I am so blessed when some new truth is revealed in the Word. I am so blessed when another connection is made to life in the here and now. I feel so fortunate to be one of those who feels that my work is my joy. I thank God for the privilege of being a cheerful giver.
Philippians 1:3-6 (King James Version)
3I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,
5For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;
6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Are you fortunate enough to know your calling in the Kingdom? Are you going about the work of preparing to be the best you can at that work? Do you feel absolutely blessed when going about His work?

Diligent prayer will lead you to your place in the body and to people who will support you with prayer and encouragement. I wish you the joy of being a cheerful giver.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment