Thursday, August 12, 2010

Answered Prayers

Answered Prayers

Matthew 7:7 (New International Version)
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

For the past week I’ve been hearing my younger granddaughter praising and thanking God for abundance beyond her prayers. What a wonderful feeling when you get an opportunity to witness a young person acknowledging God’s intervention in her life.

I experience joy just being in her presence with the exuberance of youth in her growing relationship with the Lord.

Matthew 18:19-20 (New International Version)
19"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.
20For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

A marvelous outgrowth of this is that she is very excited about teaching young ones at the church about the wonders of God. I see how contagious her joy in the Lord is when I see the excitement of her young charges who think she is “the bestest teacher ever”.

I, in turn, am so happy to see the charge of The Great Commission, the center of our church, alive in my grandchild. Talk about answered prayers!!

She plans her lessons, previews videos and internet sites and has helped me to understand the wisdom of keeping my hands off unless asked for help. In this we are all growing.

She knows about God’s mercy and grace. She has learned, through the scriptures, about young people who were far from perfect but were used so wonderfully by God for His purpose (the story of Joseph is a family favorite). I believe this gives her a better chance to be forgiving of herself and others when the goal of perfection is not reached.

I am witnessing so many answered prayers and will continue to pray and thank God for the spiritual, emotional, mental and physical health of my biological and church families.

A wise man, Rowland Hill, once said, "Prayer is the breath of a newborn soul, and there can be no life without it." http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/cbnteachingsheets/Answered_Prayer.aspx

Thank You, God, for all You are in my life. Thank You, God, for answered prayers. Thank You, God, for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Thank You, God, for the peace that comes with being a child of God.

Psalm 117 (New International Version)
1 Praise the LORD, all you nations;
extol him, all you peoples.
2 For great is his love toward us,
and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever.
Praise the LORD.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment