Thursday, August 5, 2010

Exercising our gifts

3 John 1 (New International Version)
2Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well

I got hit with a pretty bad version of the flu when I got home from vacation. I acknowledge that I was careless while on vacation with meals at the beach and on the go fast food combined with sleeping on strange pillows, but, ah well.

I’m so glad to be back. I am so glad for renewed health.

I watched a TV ministry this morning that spoke of our need to love God unconditionally as we wish Him to love us. He talked about times when we treated our work for God as of it were a burden instead of a joy then fully expect God to open the windows of heaven for us.

Our God is not passive and does not expect us to be passive. This is a Christian Walk, not a slide down the hill on our bottoms.
We are obligated to work for the kingdom, utilizing whatever gift we have been given.

Sometimes the trick is finding our gift.

I truly believe that the only way to find our place in the Body is through prayer. I believe we need to trust in the Holy Spirit to guide us to that work for which we are called with the full knowledge that all have a place in the body and work to do for the kingdom.

1 Corinthians 12 (New International Version)
Spiritual Gifts

4There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.
6There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.
7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.
8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit,
9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,
10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[and to still another the interpretation of tongues.
11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines. (emphasis added)

We might ask The Holy Spirit in prayer what it is that is holding us back from the fullness of our gift. Are we trying to be like someone else? Are we dictating to God what our gift should be?

I thank you, God, for work to do in the Kingdom. I thank you, God, for fellowship of believers. I thank you, God, for Your peace.
I thank you for your word which is a source of comfort, peace and inspiration as I try to live this life.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment