Sunday, August 8, 2010

Prayer for Our Minister

Prayer for Our Minister

I look forward every week to hear the Word of God. I know that our pastor spends a lot of time preparing to bring us a message. I know she has to spend a lot of time in prayer to be able to deal effectively with such a mixed group of personalities, opinions, age groups and backgrounds.

This is truly a person in need of and deserving of daily prayer.

What an awesome privilege and responsibility we have to pray for the person(s) responsible for shepherding us through this life.

Ephesians 6:19-20 (New International Version)
19Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,
20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

We can be so critical of those in the ministry, as if we are just waiting for them to err in some way.

How much more beneficial, to the individual ministers, to the church as a whole and even to ourselves, to pray diligently for those in spiritual leadership.
I truly believe that we would have less time to criticize and find fault if we first approached God in prayer for our ministers.

Romans 15:30-32 (New International Version)
30I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.
31Pray that I may be rescued from the unbelievers in Judea and that my service in Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints there,
32so that by God's will I may come to you with joy and together with you be refreshed.

1 Thessalonians 5:12-13 (New International Version)
Final Instructions
12Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you.
13Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other.

We pray daily for the growth of our church knowing that a good deal of the growth of the church depends on the leadership; therefore, we pray daily for the spiritual, emotional and physical health of our leadership, especially our pastor.

Colossians 4:3-4 (New International Version)
3And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains.
4Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.

Father, God I ask that you entreat the Comforter to place a hedge of protection around the spirit, mind and body of our minister. Help her to continue in the path which you have set for her. Help her to continue to bring The Word with such clarity that it encourages and strengthens us in Your will and Your Way. Give her Your peace as she deals with the stresses of daily life.

Father, God, help those of us under her leadership to be filled with kindness and a supportive mind so that we may hold her arms up when she is weary.

I love You, Lord, and I lift this prayer in all humility.

Thank You, God, for hearing my prayer.


May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment