Friday, August 27, 2010

standing in the gap

2 Timothy 1:5 ESV
I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well.


“Grammie, please don’t forget to pray for me because….." was the request of my granddaughter this morning.
It isn’t important what the “because” is, what is important is that she thought enough of me and my walk with God to ask me to stand in the gap on her behalf.

I am so grateful for a life that inspires my grandchildren to ask me to be in intercessory prayer for them.

Thank you, Lord for hearing my prayer.

God has always made it the responsibility of parents and grandparents to train up children in His way.

Deuteronomy 6
3 Hear, O Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the LORD, the God of your fathers, promised you.
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.
7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.


Thank you, God, for being in my life. Thank you, God, for every opportunity to praise your name. Thank you, God, for the gift of prayer and the protection and comfort of the Holy Spirit for me and those I love.I ask a special blessing for my granddaughter. Please grant her request for this day. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

May God Forever Be A Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment