Monday, August 9, 2010

Prayers for Salvation of Our Loved Ones

Prayers for Salvation of Our Loved Ones

Listening to the prayers of our church I often hear prayers lifted for family members who have not yet accepted Our Lord. I know that I pray for the souls of my loved ones and ask the Holy Spirit to place them in the right place, at the right time, to hear the right person say the right words that will open their ears to hear.

I am encouraged by Your Word and I thank you for scriptural reminders of our need to obey the commands of the Great Commission as part of our daily lives.

John 7 (New International Version)
5For even his own brothers did not believe in him.

Father, God, even those who lived with you on a daily basis and saw your wondrous works had trouble accepting and acknowledging who you are. This fact gives me so much hope for those for whom we pray.

John 1 (New International Version)
The Word Became Flesh
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
4In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

What confidence is shown in these words of John, a previous non-believing brother of Christ. He does not waver here in his understanding of just who Jesus is. He is the Word and the Word has been here since the beginning and John is able to declare it with a simplicity born of pure acceptance.

This awesome clarity is a gift given to those of us who believe. This clarity protects our minds from the slings and arrows of the world.

Merciful God, I thank you for your continued patience with all of us as we struggle to become all that you would have us to be. I continue to pray diligently for those I love to come into an understanding and love of Your Way with the full knowledge that the faithful prayer of a righteous woman guarded me as I floundered in the world.

I offer this prayer in encouragement for all of us who continue to pray daily for the salvation of those whom we love.

Thank You, Lord for hearing our prayers.


May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment