Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Glimpses of Heaven

Colossians 3:12-17
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

12God loves you and has chosen you as his own special people. So be gentle, kind, humble, meek, and patient.
   13Put up with each other, and forgive anyone who does you wrong, just as Christ has forgiven you.
   14Love is more important than anything else. It is what ties everything completely together.
   15Each one of you is part of the body of Christ, and you were chosen to live together in peace. So let the peace that comes from Christ control your thoughts. And be grateful.
   16Let the message about Christ completely fill your lives, while you use all your wisdom to teach and instruct each other. With thankful hearts, sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs to God.
   17Whatever you say or do should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, as you give thanks to God the Father because of him.

It is a very difficult thing to witness the last days of friends. It is a time of continuing prayer that God will give you exactly the right words and the exact times of silence to be of the most help to your friends.

As I prayed for guidance this morning I was given this title and this scripture of comfort. It is amazing that while I was looking for comfort for my friends God provided comfort to me.

How fortunate I am to know that God loves me and has chosen me as one of His special people. How prepared I feel to stand in His Holy Presence and what comfort this is. My purpose here is to share this joy that I have in the Lord asking nothing more than to let the peace that comes from Christ fill our hearts and minds.

I know that God will give me the right words and the right moments of silence because I have asked. I know that He will allow me to be a source of strength and comfort to my friends and I have stopped being afraid because I know that all is in His hands.

Father, God, I thank You for the opportunity to be in Your service.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment