Thursday, February 9, 2012

Waiting in an Attitude of Praise

Psalm 40 King James Version (KJV)
1I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
4Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
One of the blessings I have is the writings of Charles Spurgeon sent to my mailbox every day. The words of this very prolific man who lived 19 June 1834 – 31 January 1892 have a way of warming my heart all these years later.

I can't think of a thing we have in common except our love of Our LORD yet his words reach across gender, nationality, denomination and time.

As I struggle in my personal life trying to make good decisions, I am encouraged by his words “We must mark God's providence leading us; and if providence tarries, tarry till providence comes.

David says “I waited patiently for the LORD", not just I waited as long as I thought it should take. It's the “patiently” part that gets difficult, but it's the “patiently” part that is critical.

As I re-re-read this beautiful Psalm I was lead to do a personal expository of the first 5 verses.

I feel so at peace on this my 72nd birthday because I know with assurance that my Lord has heard my cry. I marvel that I am still here. I marvel that He has given me purpose in my life. I marvel at His gracious provision.

We all have a story but I think the most important part of my story is that He has set me upon a spiritual rock and given me a true purpose in life.

We are taught that when the scripture says “fear” we are to interpret as “reverence” and my reverence for God has truly put a song in my heart and a dance in my step. I am so full of joy with every opportunity to sing praises to God.

The Lord, God, is truly my trust and the truth of His word provides guidance and comfort. How fortunate I feel that I have found His way.
5Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

My blessings are truly more than can be numbered. My blessings are truly unearned grace and mercy.
I thank You, Lord. Amen.

I look forward to whatever He has in store for me in this journey and ask the help of the Holy Spirit in keeping me waiting PATIENTLY on the Lord.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment