Tuesday, February 21, 2012

He Hath Said

James 1:6-7
New King James Version (NKJV)
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;

I heard a teacher say this morning “God does not speak doubt; Faith is the language that God speaks.”
Colossians 1:9-12
New King James Version (NKJV)
9 For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.

What a powerful reminder to us that we must approach our Heavenly Father basking in the assurance that he delights in our prayers, praise and worship!
Matthew 7:8-11
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
8Everyone who asks will receive. Everyone who searches will find. And the door will be opened for everyone who knocks. 9Would any of you give your hungry child a stone, if the child asked for some bread? 10Would you give your child a snake if the child asked for a fish? 11As bad as you are, you still know how to give good gifts to your children. But your heavenly Father is even more ready to give good things to people who ask.

Jesus reminds us that we, as mortals, rejoice and delight when we are able to do good things for our children. Reflect back on a time when you spotted just the right gift for a child of your heart. What a warm and wonderful feeling when you saw the smile of delight that your gift brings! Remember also the simple trust that your child has that you will take care of everything!

We approach our Heavenly Father in prayer with the assurance that he hears prayers of faith. We strengthen that faith by being grounded in His Word. A Word that assures us that as Children of the Most High God, He wants us to come to Him for our needs.

Our prayers are not an imposition to God. Our prayers have a welcome invitation from God Himself.
I Forgot To Pray I got up this morning,
It was time to start the day,
I had so very much to do,
I didn’t take time to pray.

Troubles came tumbling on me,
Heavier became my tasks,
I wondered why God didn’t help me,
He said, “Child, you didn’t ask.”

I tried to see truth and beauty,
The day stayed dark and bleak,
I wondered why God didn’t show me,
He said, “Child, you didn’t seek.”

I tried to enter God’s presence,
I used all the keys to the lock,
God tenderly, lovingly answered,
“My Child, you didn’t knock.”

I got up early next morning,
I made ready to start the day,
I had so very much to do, but
I took the time to pray.
by Georgia P. Buche.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment