Monday, July 19, 2010

The Armor of God

Attitude!

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company, a church, a home, a hospital. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes. Author Unknown

1 Corinthians 2:9-12 (New International Version)
9However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"—
10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.
11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.

Today’s blog is a confession and a cleansing for my soul. I hope it will be a benefit to someone, but admit that it is primarily my need for forgiveness that prompts this writing.

My pastor and I have a special relationship based on our mutual love of the Word. She knows that when she gives me the scripture for the weekly bulletin I not only type the bulletin, I research and enjoy the passages.

She excitedly shared with me last week her joy in a new look at the book of Jonah which we were studying in vacation bible school. This is a blessing we often share. She was speechless when I took affront and walked away.

I missed a blessing that I valued because I allowed Satan a toe hold and he gladly stole my joy.

God led me today to a web site http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/cgi-bin/tw/tw-mag.cgi?category=Magazine45&item=1162760746 entitled Seven Satanic Deceptions By Richard F. Ames.

Deception 6: Bitterness
"If we are not careful to watch our feelings, we can become bitter. Perhaps someone offends us. Then the hurt feeling turns into a grudge."

I speak often of my gratitude for “gentle reprimands” from God. This was an example. God could have allowed my loses to multiply as Satan blinded me to my part in this mess. Instead, He mercifully led me to a light; and, although I am uncomfortable facing my own stuff, I am grateful that I can acknowledge my transgression and publicly ask forgiveness with sincere humility.

"Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled" (Hebrews 12:14–15).
I know that God will handle my problems if i take responsibility for my attitude and stay out of His way. I know that Satan is on a short leash and I need only to keep on the armor of God. (Ephesians 6:10-20 (New International Version)
The Armor of God
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.)

John 12:31 (New International Version)
31Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

"So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him" (Revelation 12:9).

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up" (James 4:10).

I do humble myself in the sight of the Lord.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment