Wednesday, July 7, 2010

God is Sovereign

18.God is Sovereign. God is in control of our lives. His sovereignty is the attribute by which He rules His entire creation. To be sovereign, God must be all-knowing and all-powerful. http://www.allaboutgod.com/names-of-god.htm

1 Chronicles 29:11-13 (New International Version)
11 Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom;
you are exalted as head over all.
12 Wealth and honor come from you;
you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
to exalt and give strength to all.
13 Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise your glorious name.


sov·er·eign (säv′rən, -ər in; occas. suv′-)
adjective
above or superior to all others; chief; greatest; supreme
supreme in power, rank, or authority
of or holding the position of ruler; royal; reigning
independent of all others: a sovereign state
excellent; outstanding


This was a time when I could not find words that conveyed this attribute of God. The awesome magnitude of our Sovereign God is beyond measure and none of the definitions felt as if they conveyed the essence of this attribute of God.

Exodus 3:14 (New International Version)
14 God said to Moses, "I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "
.

Father God, I gladly place my life, my soul, my spirit in your sovereign hands. Father God, I thank you that I have been given the right to call myself a child of the Great I Am. Father God, thank you for the sacrifice of Your Darling Son, Jesus. Father God, thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Thank you, Father God for all that you are in our lives.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment