Sunday, July 18, 2010

God's Amazing Grace

God's Amazing Grace
1 Chronicles 17 (New International Version)
David's Prayer
16 Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said:
"Who am I, O LORD God, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?
17 And as if this were not enough in your sight, O God, you have spoken about the future of the house of your servant. You have looked on me as though I were the most exalted of men, O LORD God.
Amazing Grace Lyrics
John Newton (1725-1807)
Stanza 6 anon.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

Ephesians 2:4-10 (New International Version)
4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.
6And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
7in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.
8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
9not by works, so that no one can boast.
10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I thank you, Lord Jesus, for your Amazing Grace. I thank you for your infinite mercy. I thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit. I thank you, Lord.

God not only saw fit to save wretch like me, but also saw fit to provide me with a ministry that fills my heart with joy. I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
How wonderful it is to see God in everything. How wonderful it is to wake and know that He is with me.

I have an obligation to sing God’s praises to the world. This is such a little thing to do in gratitude for God’s great Grace and Mercy. I truly feel that “God has spoken about the future of the house of your servant.”

I am continually blessed when I see one grandchild preparing to teach youngsters on Sunday with a smile in her heart and without urging from anyone. It is so wonderful to hear her personal relationship with God. God has truly blessed “the future of the house of His servant.”

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.


John 3:16-21 (New International Version)
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

I thank God for His word. I thank God for songs to warm and comfort. I thank God for all He is in my life. I hope His word is a blessing and comfort to you.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment