Friday, July 9, 2010

God is our Comforter

24.God is our Comforter. Jesus called the Holy Spirit the “Comforter.” Paul writes that the Lord is “the God of all comfort.” http://www.allaboutgod.com/names-of-god.htm
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

The God of All Comfort
3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,
4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

Another “Ah-Hah” moment when I read 2 Corinthians 1:3-4.
I daily thank God for the gift of the Holy Spirit, the gift of the Comforter. It is great joy to my soul to know that Jesus did not leave me here on my own to try to figure out how to live The Way. When I pray, I know that the Holy Spirit already intercedes for me when I don’t know the words to pray.

Today I am looking at the responsibility such a wonderful gift conveys. “…so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.” I am not just to glow in the warmth of God’s love and selfishly concentrate on the ways God moves in my life on my behalf. This scripture is another affirmation of the Great Commission and God’s command that we reach out to those in any trouble.

Isaiah 61:1-2 (New International Version)
The Year of the LORD's Favor
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

Father God, I ask that you give me the wisdom and strength to be a comfort to others. Father, please give me good words to convey your love and compassion to the world. Help me, Dear God, to concentrate more on you and your will than my wishes, knowing that you will take care of my needs.
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (New International Version)
16May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,
17encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

Thank you, God, for all that you are. Thank you, God, for the gift of the Comforter. Thank you, God.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment