Thursday, July 8, 2010

God is omniscient

15.God is omniscient.
God knows all that can be known. His knowledge includes every possible thing that exists, has ever existed, or will ever exist. http://www.allaboutgod.com/names-of-god.htm
Psalm 139:1-6 (New International Version)
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain

Omniscient
–adjective
1. having complete or unlimited knowledge, awareness, or understanding; perceiving all things.


1 Kings 3
9 So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?"
10 The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for this.

Most of us love the story of Solomon, a man who yearned to know the way that God would have him conduct himself as a leader of his people. We repeat versions of this story often when we teach about prayer and about the Christian walk.

Solomon, as king, had access to all of the available knowledge of his day. The scribes and other holders of the accumulated knowledge of his time were at his disposal, but Solomon knew that he needed more than worldly knowledge to rule well and to secure the promises of God. He also knew the source of the wisdom he needed.

God is the holder of all knowledge. It is good to seek him as the source of all that is important to know. He has given us His Word to help us to live in this world. It is good for us to continuously seek His wisdom so that we can live lives that will inspire others to seek God.

Proverbs 24:13-14 (New International Version)
13 Eat honey, my son, for it is good;
honey from the comb is sweet to your taste.
14 Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul;
if you find it, there is a future hope for you,
and your hope will not be cut off.

I thank you, God for the gift of your Word and increasing understanding. I thank you for a desire to study to show myself approved. I thank you for teachers and preachers whom you have placed in my path to give instruction and to fuel the hunger to better understand Your Word.

My God, I acknowledge my very limited understanding but I come in gratitude for my growth since I was blessed with the gift of the Holy Spirit. Please help me to stay in Your Word. Please help me to continue to grow in Your Word. Please give me the gift of wisdom.

Proverbs 16:16-24 (New International Version)
16 How much better to get wisdom than gold,
to choose understanding rather than silver!
17 The highway of the upright avoids evil;
he who guards his way guards his life.
18 Pride goes before destruction,
a haughty spirit before a fall.
19 Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed
than to share plunder with the proud.
20 Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.
21 The wise in heart are called discerning,
and pleasant words promote instruction.
22 Understanding is a fountain of life to those who have it,
but folly brings punishment to fools.
23 A wise man's heart guides his mouth,
and his lips promote instruction.
24 Pleasant words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

I thank you, Lord.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment