Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Contentment in God

1 Timothy 6:6-8 (New International Version)
6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

May today be all you need it to be.
May the peace of God and the freshness of the Holy Spirit rest in your thoughts, rule in your dreams and conquer all your fears.
May God manifest Himself today in ways you have never experienced.
May your joys be fulfilled, your dreams be closer and your prayers be answered.
I pray that faith enters a new height for you;
I pray that your territory is enlarged.
I pray for peace, healing, health, happiness, prosperity, joy, true and undying love for God.

This wonderful prayer is one that I repeat often. It holds such promise and reassurance for those of us who lean on the promises of God.

We remember that God promises to care for us, especially to place us in a position where we can be of benefit to others.

Hebrews 13 (New King James Version)
Concluding Moral Directions
1 Let brotherly love continue.
2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.
3 Remember the prisoners as if chained with them—those who are mistreated—since you yourselves are in the body also.

I continue to be thankful for opportunities to be of service to others through many of the ministries we have at our church. I am thankful for opportunities to be of service in many small individual ways. I realize that helping others takes the focus off me and my wants, allowing me to spend more energy in God’s will and in His way.

5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 6 So we may boldly say:

“ The LORD is my helper;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?”

Remember…
God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.


May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment