Friday, July 23, 2010

Refuge under the wings of the Lord

Refuge under the wings of the Lord

I love you, Lord
And I lift my voice
To worship You
Oh, my soul rejoice!
Take joy my King
In what You hear
Let it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear


As I study today I am led to the book of Ruth, and to the story of a woman who was an outsider but who was taken under your wings of refuge.

Most of the studies of the book of Ruth that I have heard concentrated on her relationship with her mother-in-law and her devotion to this woman. It is through this relationship that she is introduced to the Most High God.

Many have been introduced to God but not all have stayed to form a relationship. For some of us I think the difference is the fervent prayers of a righteous person; but it is also important that there be fertile ground. I believe that Ruth’s spirit provided fertile ground upon which the seeds of Naomi’s prayers could be cultivated.

Ruth 2 (New International Version)
11 Boaz replied, "I've been told all about what you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband—how you left your father and mother and your homeland and came to live with a people you did not know before. 12 May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge."

James 5:16 New International Version (©1984)
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Proverbs 15:29 (New International Version)
29 The LORD is far from the wicked
but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

Father; God, I come this morning in prayer requesting simply to be kept securely under Your wings of refuge. I know that within your arms of protection no harm can befall me. I sincerely thank You for all you are in my life. I thank you for the sincere prayers that were lifted up for me for so many years. I thank you for the grace extended to me when you brought me into the fold of your love. I thank you for the precious gift of the Holy Spirit and the guidance of Your Word every day.

I thank you for friends and family and the comfort of fellowship.

I am so grateful that my grandchildren know about the power of prayer. I thank you so much for planting me in a church where sincere prayer is so much a part of the fellowship. I thank you for the Tabernacle of Higher Learning Prayer Box and your attentive ear to the prayers of the righteous.

I thank you for the warmth and comfort of love, love of family and love of friends.

I ask you now, Father God, to extend your arms of protection around all of those I love. I ask you to bring them under your wings of refuge. I ask that you place them in the right place with the right attitude for a spark to be lit that shows them the path to you.

I ask You, God, to make my life a quiet witness to You that draws my loved ones and provides them opportunities to know the wonder of your love..

I love you, Lord
And I lift my voice
To worship You
Oh, my soul rejoice!
Take joy my King
In what You hear
Let it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear


May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment